Wednesday 4 July 2012

Summer 2012 Bucket List


Came up with a list of goals I would like to do/am doing this summer. I know I won't be able to do all of it, but they are still goals. In no particular order...

Go home: Flights are booked. In Nova Scotia from August 4th until the 18th. Good times to be had.
*Great time. Posts will come with all the details.

Visit Vancouver: Flights are booked. July 16th-21st. I have family in Burnaby, just outside Vancouver. They always came out to visit, but we could never pay it back in turn. My girlfriend and I visited during the Winter Olympics, but didn't spend as much time with them. Now that I'm only a province away, I wanted to actually visit them, not the city.
*July 21st. Unreal experience. Check out the upcoming posts for my experiences! All I expected and more.

Go to a Vancouver Whitecaps game: Since I'm in Vancouver, I would love to go to a Whitecaps game. Toronto FC is my team. I went to a TFC game a couple summers ago. The atmosphere and quality of soccer were UNREAL. I'm hoping to recreate that experience again
* July 18th. Great game. Amazing level of soccer. Ended in a 2-2 draw. All four goals were scored on the net we were behind. 35,000 people were in attendance. Maybe because it was in a larger stadium, it didn't feel as 'homey' as it did at BMO. Certainly seemed like the crowd was more pumping then, not to take anything away from Whitecaps fans. There were definitely those moments still.

Canoe on Lake Simcoe: Visiting the girlfriend's family in Ontario from August 19th-25th. We go to a cottage on Lake Simcoe. It's always warm and placid. I haven't been there since I took canoeing instructions, so I can't wait to get out and put my skills to use.
*August 20th-24th. Got out a bunch of times during our trip. Got to put some new/old skills to use.

Make an underwater geocache: Along with do a bunch of geocaching in general/make some for up in Fort vermilion. In case you don't know what geocaching is, take a look at this video.
          While I am home in Nova Scotia this summer, I want to make an unbelievably awesome geocache, one that is underwater. I would snorkel with family at The Rocks at Cribbons. I want to make a geocache you have to snorkel for.

Shoot under 110 at La Crete golf course: I am not a good golfer. I want to become a better one. I hope with my spare time now, that I can improve my swing; not have just a terrible slice. My goal is to shoot under 110 at La Crete golf course (or High level golf course).
*Completed July 5th, second time out on the course. Big improvement from 117 the first time around. new goal of breaking 100.

Beat CoD MW3 campaign (July 6th), Infamous (Sept.3rd), Final Fantasy XIII, Skyrim, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 and the Metal Gear Collection: I like video games. A lot. Aside from sports, it's my main hobby. There is no way I will accomplish this goal. I have a problem of buying new games before I finish other ones. This is a prime example. I have not completed any of these games (don't even own the Metal Gear Collection yet). Thess are just the games I'll be aiming at finishing...combined with lots of MW3 multiplayer.

Play a soccer game with the Gunners: I would love to play with my old soccer team. I've missed competitive soccer since I've moved to northern Alberta and their lack of the beautiful game. I at least want to kick around with them and practice. Play some skilled soccer again.
*It was great getting back on the field with the boys! I had a blast. Congrats to the Gunners for winning their first playoff game in history this season! I still miss competitive soccer so much...

Canoe down the Peace River: I live on the Peace River. It would be a shame to not canoe on it; if not this summer then in future ones.
*I have kayaked on the Boyer river so far, so it's kind of like half points for this goal, eh?

Deep sea fishing in NS: I always get a chance to do some mackerel fishing when I go home. It would be neat to try for something else out in the ocean!

Run 5km under 22 minutes: I'm out of shape. Need to get back in it. This is my goal, or if I start running longer distances anyways, to run 10km under 50 minutes. Working out 5 days a week too is also a goal.
*Doesn't help that I was running distances that weren't exactly 5km. I think the best exact 5km was around 23:30

Have tons of planning/prepping done: Well, I survived my first year of teaching. At times, I definitely felt like I was just trying to survive the year. Now that I actually have a summer to prepare, I would like to utilize it to better prepare myself for next year; get more long term planning done.
*Got some done, but far from tons

Learn some new songs/get better at guitar: I didn't have the opportunity to pursue music growing up. Last year though, I bought an acoustic guitar because I wanted to learn. The school year put a damper on practice time though. I would love to actually learn how to play, and to learn a few new songs to play other than the five or so basic ones I do know.

So, I'm sure more will come up as I go, but here's the few on my mind right now. What are some things YOU want to do this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment